KETTLE CORN POPCORN MACHINES AND SUPPLIES
Kettle corn is the biggest thing to hit the popcorn industry in the past 100 years. Slightly sweet - slightly salty - kettle corn is delicious.Gold Medal has retro kit available which will allow you to convert virtually any Gold Medal popcorn popper into a kettle corn popcorn popper (for 6oz. machines only). Kettle corn mix and kettle corn popcorn bags are also available.
Our kettle corn mix is formulated for use in an electric popcorn popper kettle and has that salt/sweet taste combination that is found in traditional Open Kettle Corn recipes but with the convenience of an electric popcorn popper. The Kettle corn recipe is also specially formulated to maintain a clean popcorn kettle after popping consecutive batches.
Gold Medal's kettle corn mix can be used with a variety of different popping oils. Based on taste tests, butter flavored coconut oil was found to be the tastiest. If clear/uncolored oil is used, the popped corn will have a white color that matches the appearance of traditional open kettle corn.
KETTLE CORN INTRODUCTION - KETTLE CORN MIX:
Pappy's Kettle Corn Mix is formulated for use in an electric popcorn popper kettle. Pappy's has that salt/sweet taste combination that is found in traditional open kettle corn recipes but with the convenience of an electric popcorn popper. Pappy's Kettle Corn recipe is also specially formulated to maintain a clean popcorn kettle after popping consecutive batches.
KETTLE CORN POPPING DIRECTIONS:
Use a standard amount of raw popcorn and 3/8 oil volume (based on raw popcorn volume). Add 2/3 volume (based on raw popcorn volume) of Pappy's Kettle Corn Recipe approximately one (1.0) minute after adding the corn and oil into the kettle.
Please note the following recipe example:
- 16 oz. Popcorn
- 6 oz. Oil
- 11 oz. Pappy's Kettle Corn Mix
If your machine is equipped with the optional "ADD Pappy's Kettle Corn" indicator; add the Pappy's mix based on this indicator.
Please note the following kettle dump instructions:
1. If your popper is not equipped with an Electronic Heat Control, dump the kettle before the last kernel pops to avoid burning.
2. If your popper is equipped with an Electronic Heat Control and only Pappy's Kettle Corn will be used: consult Gold Medal Products regarding the adjustment of the LOAD/DUMP indicator. Dump the corn based on a properly adjusted LOAD/DUMP indicator.
3. If your popper is equipped with an Electronic Heat Control AND both salt and sweet popcorn will be popped in the same machine: dump the kettle before the last kernel pops to avoid burning.
4. If your popper is equipped with an Electronic Salt/Sweet Heat Control; select the Sweet switch position and dump the kettle based on the LOAD/DUMP indicator. Consult Gold Medal Products regarding the adjustment of the LOAD/DUMP indicator.
It is recommended that the kettle heat be turned off approximately thirty (30) seconds before the end of the last pop cycle. This will make kettle clean up easier.
Add salt to the popped corn immediately after the kettle is dumped. The Pappy's Kettle Corn will be slightly tacky thus improving the adherence of the salt on the popped corn. Use Gold Medal Products original #2045 Flavacol or #2500 Premier Flavacol seasoning salts.
Use a popcorn scoop to thoroughly mix the popped corn for an even dispersion of heavy/lightly coated kernels.
Shop Online at Our Web Store
Visit our online store, featuring the world's largest selection of concession equipment. Pricing and additional product information is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your shopping convenience.